First of all, I am going to do the Microwave Meals (only a few though 'cause that would take up a ton of room to do them all). Since I have promised Mary to write some up here for her and I keep forgetting, I will do it now while the boys are sleeping and I remember.
Mandarin Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup apple juice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
Hot cooked rice
2 green onions, slices
Flatten chicken to 1/4-in thickness. Place in a greased 2-quart microwave-safe dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in teriyaki sauce, apple juice, oil and garlic. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add juice to the teriyaki mix; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice. Garnish with onions and oranges.
Yield: 4 Servings
Parmesan Potato Wedges (Side Dish/Appetizer...could be either one)
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
1 teaspoon paprika
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
In a resealable plastic bag, combine the brad crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion salt and paprika. Coat potatoes with flour; dip in butter. Add to bread crumb mixture; shake to coat evenly. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until tender, rotating every 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
(Here are the recipes that I have with me; if Mary - or anyone else for that matter, would like any of them I will e-mail them to you):
*Main Dishes*
Beef Tortilla Casserole
Tortilla Casserole
Crab stuffed Chicken
Pineapple Veggie Chicken
Chicken Divine
Sour Cream Beef 'n' Beans
Broccoli Chicken Roll-ups (it sounds like a Chicken Cordon Blu with broccoli)
Microwave Chicken Parmesan
Barbecued Pork Chops
Cashew Chicken Toss
Ham with Apricots
*Side Dishes*
Microwave Rice Pilaf
Parmesan Corn on the Cob
Fiesta Cheese rice
Swedish Meatballs
*Appetizers*
Fiesta Dip
*Desserts*
Chocolate Mallow Nut Bars
Butterscotch Peanut Fudge
Marble Brownies
Banana Creme Pie
Casserole Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chews
All of these are microwave meals. I haven't tried all of them yet, but all of them I have tried taste just like you cooked them in the oven or on the stove, they are really quick to throw together and my family loves them...and so do I because I don't always feel like cooking dinner over a hot stove for hours at a time. Most of these only take a few minutes cooking and prep time. They are great.
Now, everyone keeps asking what's going on with the house; so I will tell you. The listing agent is having a hard time getting a hold of the seller (which may explain why the house has been on the market for so long). The seller apparently works in the oil field or something, so that's why they can't get a hold of him. He finally got a hold of him the day before yesterday and according to our contract he only had until 5pm yesterday to say yes or no or counter the offer that we made on the house. So De (our realtor...more or less) called to ask if we could give him an extension. I asked how long because...well, I want to be in a house, not a hotel and right now the company is paying for this hotel, but they will only pay up to 30 days (I'm not complaining about that, I know it sounded like I was, but it wasn't meant that way). And we can't afford this place after that (well, maybe we could, but I would rather just stay at a Super 8 or something and not spend quite this much money on a place to stay if we have to pay for it), so if the whole thing goes over a month we are just going to have to move from one hotel to the other before we have to move again to a house (we hope). I'm trying not to complain, but I am just sick of moving right now. So De said that it would be MAYBE 2 days, probably one, but it could be 2. So I said 2 days would be fine. If he's wanting a week or more, the answer is "No." So really, we don't know any more than we did when we started, but we should know by tomorrow for sure. If not then De is getting a call EVERY DAY until we do. This time I will be the squeaky wheel because I'm not just waiting around to see what happens. I want to know where I will be living a month from now. So we will see what happens. I will let you all know when I know what's happening.
2 comments:
Send them to me! All of them. I'm all for shorter cooking times.
Oh Karen you just made my day!!
Thank you, thank you for the recipes, and of course I want them all :)
You can just post one or two a week or email them to me, what ever works for you.
I hope you are able to get a home to live in very soon. Your kids will start climbing the walls in a hotel when the weather gets nice.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment