Thursday, February 12, 2009

House hunting in Green River Sucks!

I think I've changed my mind about the hotel thing. It's too stressful with all those cry-babies around us that keep calling the front desk saying "I think I heard someone sneeze or something, so you'd better call and wake up the ONE sleeping child that those people have to tell them to be quiet." And you'd think in these $400/day rooms (yeah, we are SO not paying for that, I would be at a Holiday Inn or something like that if we were) they could afford decent beds. Their website brags in more than one place about their "comfortable beds"...I don't know where they got that information, but honestly (and I am NOT exaggerating) I was more comfortable that weekend that we went camping and I was pregnant with Christopher and ended up sleeping with a rock in the middle of my back all night. That bed is a brick. Jon was sweet enough (and was THINKING enough) that he folded the comforter over so we are sleeping with that underneath us, so it's not quite as bad. But I can not wait to get back to my own bed. I wake up and my entire body is just aching. It makes me feel for those that have to wake up feeling like that no matter what bed they are sleeping on.
On the plus side (I think) FMC is paying for people to come and pack our house and then move everything to our new place. Yeah! Darci didn't have such a great experience, she told me, with professional movers...so hopefully our experience will better than hers.
I am getting so frustrated here. Right now we have the option between a duplex that seems alright enough but that land lady is a flake. (She just didn't show up the first time we had an appointment and never bothered to call...until we called and said "We've been waiting for you for 30 min, we had an appointment." THEN she called back to say sorry. Then the second appointment she was late and when she came she was on the phone, never introduced herself and then after we were done looking at the duplex we had to wait for another 10-15 min. for her to get off of the phone so that we could ask her questions about the place. Jon's all "I like the place" I'm thinking more, "Yeah, but if we need her, I'm assuming it's going to be 3 months before she 'gets around to it' if she's this bad when she's TRYING to get our business, she'll be TERRIBLE once she has our business." and our other option is to buy a house that everyone (who have never even seen the place) seems dead set against it. I'm hoping that Charlie's relatives (or relatives of relatives or friends of relatives?) Will be better...and the duplex will be good also. We are going to see it tomorrow. So we will see what happens. I think it drives me most crazy that when he asks Luke for an opinion if Luke tells him "Well, you need to check for this or that." He hears "This particular house has this or that." Like Luke told him to check for "funny things" like he heard about people who put animals in the vents and stuff and leave them there for the next owners to find (which was a legitimate warning...just check for some strange things that they may have done to the house) but then he went in and was almost surprised NOT to find any animals in the heater. *Uhhhh* It's a nice house. I think it would be nice to live there. And the monthly payment would be about the same (in some cases cheaper) than renting here. And the renting market here is virtually non-existent. And the few places here that are for rent have such a monopoly on the market that they are SO ridiculously priced that I just can't stand paying that much for such a mediocre place to live. Maybe I'll have Charlie come and make them a deal so he can have a monopoly and they can too...;) (Just Kidding Charlie...you know we love you). Well, I think that's my whining for now, I am just so frustrated and stressed out. We are going to try and make a decision tomorrow. We are going to see the duplex from the guy that Charlie gave us his number. And then we are going to look at the house again and take more pictures, and then we are going to talk to Chad (the guy that might be working our loan if we get the house). Oh, how my head hurts. I need a nap.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

BEWARE of other people packing your stuff! We had that when we moved from Utah to Casper. Luckily Danen was smart enough that we packed special stuff and brought it with us (photo albums, journals, other sentimental stuff), because one of the ladies RUINED all of my scrapbooking stuff. Literally dumped it into boxes. She purposely broke some of the things in half to make them fit into the box! I was so sick about it. We fought with the company for ever about it (we took pictures to document it all as we unpacked) but nothing ever came of it. So I would take all your really important, irreplaceable stuff in your car with you, and keep a hawk eye on all the people who pack for you! Not trying to scare you to death - just warning you cause no one warned us!

Ranee` said...

Oh, Karen, I feel so bad for you. Good luck!

Charlie and Michelle Cordova said...

I can be dead set against the house because I saw it. Hopefully that one guy will work out for you to rent from. Danielle said he was very good when she rented from him.

Jon and Karen Egeland said...

Thanks Kim, I've heard that from more than one person. We are going to make sure that we are hovering while they pack, and we have already packed the stuff that is sentimental and it IS coming in the car with us.