Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On the lighter side of the Egeland's

Sorry, I know this is the 3rd time I've posted today. I just had to blog a few things. Yesterday it rained (I love the rain). After the boys came inside the house, Topher wanted to come back out because he was thirsty. (He wanted to drink from the rain puddles in our yard). I told him and Ethan that that water was dirty water and it was gross. Later that day a puppy wandered into our yard. The boys were waiting at the window waiting for Jon to come home. Then Ethan starts yelling "Mom, open the window! I need to talk to the puppy!" So I did. Ethan: "PUPPY! STOP DRINKING THAT WATER! IT'S YUCKY!!!" He was worried for the puppy who was drinking out of the puddles in the gutter. :)

And something that Topher said when I was trying to explain to the boys about the miscarriage. The boys patted my stomach and told the baby good-night. I told them that the baby wasn't in my tummy anymore because she had to go back and live with Heavenly Father.
Topher: "Oh," with a sad look on his face "the baby's gone?"
Me: "Yes, honey the baby's gone."
Topher: "The baby had to go live with Heavenly Father?"
Me: "Yes."
Topher: (With his face lightening a little) "Oh...the baby just had to go home?"

And a child shall lead them huh? I love my family.

And my FAVORITE "from the mouth of babes" this week. Ethan and Topher like shutting each other in the hall closet. (Don't ask, they think it's funny). So Ethan shuts Topher in the closet. After a few seconds Topher knocks from inside the closet. Ethan looks at the closet and says "Who is it?" I laughed so hard over that.

No comments: