The most important part of the story is the ending...no one reads a book to get to the middle.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Excitement all over the Egeland household...my goodness. Chris was jumping around on our bed last night and decided that he wanted to jump to me...unfortunately he forgot to tell me that he wanted to jump to me...and to wait until I was facing him. I had my back turned to him when he decided to jump off the bed, I turned around ALMOST in time to catch him...almost. He realized at the last second that I was not going to be able to catch him so he tried to stop but couldn't. He went off the bed (head first) right into the corner of my night table; which, thankfully, broke on his way down. I think it softened the blow when it broke, if it hadn't it could have been REAL bad. He's got about a 2" scrape from his temple to just behind his ear. I was a little worried at first because just after he did that he was slurring his words when he talked to me. And his pupils were HUGE! (Just a little more than a sliver of color around the black), and he was looking like he was going to throw up. Then after he calmed down he was complaining that his stomach hurt. And he was starting to fall asleep. He was pretty upset that I wouldn't let him go to sleep. He kept crying and telling me how tired he was and he just wanted to sleep. I tried my best to explain to him why he couldn't go to sleep (without scaring him into NEVER sleeping again). Then I went to check his eyes, and believe it or not - 3 flashlights and none of them worked. So I called Jon to ask where his flashlight is. I decided we officially live in an "Egeland house" when I asked him and his first response was "Why, who hit their head?" Then he told me the black one works but it just needs batteries. So I started to go get some and as soon as Chris saw that I was leaving momentarily he started to go to sleep (but every time I picked him up he started to go to sleep). So I decided that he'd stay awake if he talked to Grandma. I felt a little bad because I know how that feels when you know your kids are hurt and you can't be there to cuddle them and hug them and let them know it's alright...I imagine it's much the same with your grand kids. But I let he know why I needed her to talk to him, so she kept him occupied while I found batteries. Well, when we woke him up last night to make sure that he could wake up well still we were asking Who's this? (point to Dad), Who's this? (point to Mom), what's your name? What's your brothers' names? How many fingers is Daddy holding up? etc. he looked like he thought we were the dumbest people alive. I tried to explain, but seriously, how do you explain to a 4 year old (well, almost 4) that we are waking you up because we want to make sure that you don't have a concussion and end up going into a coma in the middle of the night or something? But he seems to be doing fine. His pupils are normal, he can walk in a straight line, he woke up by himself this morning, and he's been actively playing all day. We called the Dr. this morning to check if we should bring him in, but they said "If you're worried then bring him in, if you think he's fine, he probably is." It was a long night though, he slept well (only woke up screaming twice...well, never woke up really, he was still sleeping)...but I was just too worried about him, so I didn't sleep well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is scary when that happens. Kayla got a concussion when she was three and I was just sick about it.
You must remeber they are their dadies boys. Personally I knew the name of every er nurse and dr on duty by the time their dad hit the 3rd grade:)
I know Mom, I was just wishing they would NOT carry on THAT legacy of their Dad...
Nina...I know how sickening that is. Just wishing that you could be the one that got hurt, and knowing there is really nothing more you can do.
Those are always scary! I've had scares with both Carissa and Jacob.
Post a Comment