Saturday, January 9, 2010

You know you're a woman when...

This afternoon I was watching Jon play Mario Kart when the boys said that they were hungry. I started to make them Ramen Noodles (one of their favorites...and one of mine 'cause it's real easy). I put the water on to boil and went back to watch Jon. Not long after Jon turns around and starts yelling "FIRE!" I thought he was just being a dork until he jumped up and went sliding through the kitchen (socks don't make for good traction). Thankfully we had recently purchased a fire extinguisher for the kitchen. "You know you're a woman when..." as soon as the threat of danger is over my first thought was "Oh, man, I JUST cleaned this!" I had just cleaned the stove yesterday, and MAN do those fire extinguishers make a mess (but, thankfully, they do the job).

I had the slow cooker on the stove cooking dinner (thankfully that didn't get ruined) and when Jon extinguished the fire it got up under the lid and into our soup...that's 2 for 2, I'm never making soup in the slow cooker again (the first time I ruined it because I didn't know you were supposed to soak the beans....ooops).

Then, we had to open all the windows (in the middle of a Wyoming winter) and turn the fan on so that we could breath.

So I managed to ruin lunch, dinner, my clean kitchen, our air quality, and my favorite pan all in about 2 min. That's got to be a record. On the plus side it could have been WAY worse. My nose was stuffed so I wasn't able to smell the smoke, thankfully Jon was home so it didn't burn down our house, or worse.

No comments: